Thursday, April 19, 2012

"The Ultimate Manufactured Man"

Years and years ago - sometime in 1996, I think - the people in my life were... concerned, we'll say, about my choices in men.  Not because they were horrible human beings, or anything, just that they weren't as into me as my people thought they should be.  So, one of my instructors sat me down, and we made a list.  I haven't looked at the darn thing in years - not since I met Tim - but something reminded me of that list today.  And, since our 9th wedding anniversary (12 years together) is coming up on May 17th, I thought I'd get it out (yes, I keep stuff like that) and look at it for fun, see how he did on the checklist!

My handsome husband on our wedding day
Positive traits he must have
Good looking to me
Kind hearted
Athletic
Intelligent
Caring
Consistently Perceptive
Strong Willed
"No wimps"
Fun loving
Independent thinker
Spontaneous
Dedicated to me
Passionate
Outgoing
Sense of humor
Integrity

Hmmm....  So, far, Tim's kicking butt!  He needs a little work in the spontaneity department - he's a planner - but I also find that much less important as an almost-40-year-old-Mom-of-2 than I did as a 20-something-year-old single girl.  On to part 2!

NOT Acceptable
"Wimpy"
Negative
Condescending
Dumb
Too macho
Mean
Prejudiced

The best decision of my life was saying "yes."
Psh.  My husband totally knocked it out of the park.  Good thing I chose him.  And I'm SO thankful I waited for him to appear.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment