Monday, August 10, 2009

Traveling with a 4 year old...

It's already an adventure, and we haven't even left, yet! Pretty much every year these days, we go to the "homeland" (well, mine, anyway) - Miami. The first time with Connor was when he was 5 months old. I went a few days before my husband, and thus wound up traveling alone with a baby. And I SWORE I would never do it, again. Why is it we never seem to stick to that stuff? Because, of course, I'm doing it again. Traveling alone with the kiddo. But, you see, it will be different this time - he's almost five.

We've been counting down the days for a bit... we're down to 2 more to go. He wakes me up every morning, telling me the new count. "Two more days, Mommy!" So far, he's wanted to pack everything from his woobie (no problem) to the television (big problem) and all of his stuffed animals (no way). So, this time, the adventure begins at home.

We pack tomorrow and leave the day after. Once we arrive in Miami, all will be fine, I'm sure. Getting there, on the other hand... We have a 12:55pm flight, which means I have to distract him all morning until it's time to get in the car, drive for about an hour to the airport, wait at the airport for an hour to get on the plane, wait on the plane for Lord-only-knows-how-long to take off, and finally a 2.5 hour flight to Miami.

If nothing else, it should be interesting! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment